Friday, April 30, 2010

Welcome to my home!

We've lived in our home for three years now and we've slowly been making changes. Key word here is, slowly. Come along with me and I'll give you a quick tour of how the main floor of our house looked in the very beginning...



This is our entry way (aka Foyer if you'd like to be fancy). I love that the front door does not open directly into the living room! The view isn't all that appealing, but it will get better over time.

We don't necessarily need a formal living room, but if you're going to have one, it might as well be functional. We looked at many homes that had living rooms that were barely big enough for a sofa....and not much else. Our family room is large and I love the hardwood floors!

Our dining room isn't particularly large (it's a bit more narrow than the living room) but I love the archway between the living room and the dining room, and I again love the hardwood floors.



The kitchen was one of the things that sold me on the house. We looked at a ton of homes that had builder grade oak cabinets and white appliances. I loved that the kitchen had dark cabinets and stainless steel appliances. The countertops left much to be desired, but we knew we could change that easily enough. I also liked that the kitchen had tile rather than linoleum.


The family room is right off the kitchen which we really liked. I wish this room was a little larger, but we'll take what we can get. As you can see, my husband's man-couch does not fit in the room but we eventually did a switcheroo with the furniture in the living room. Loving the floors!


Rounding out the main floor is a powder room, the stairs to the basement and a coat closet (not pictured) which is just out of view, to the left. The flow of the floor plan is nice because it's basically one big circle with each room flowing into the next. This little hallway connects the entryway with the basement and the family room.

Thanks for visiting! You'll have to check back soon to see what the upstairs looks like!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your floors and the white counter tops with the contrast of the dark cabinets! Great details!

    ReplyDelete