Friday, April 30, 2010

The home tour continues...

Now that you know what the main floor of my home looks like, lets go upstairs and have a look around.


The second floor of our home is much more open than the main floor. From the top of the stairs, its one big open space. From this vantage point you can see the nursery (first door on the left), linen closet and bathroom (straight ahead), loft space (to the right of the bathroom), and you can barely see the door to the laundry room on the right. The guest room is at the end of the hall on the left (difficult to see). The picture was taken from the doorway of the master bedroom.



Our master bedroom is a pretty descent size. Since moving in, we have upgraded to a king size bed so the room no longer seems as large. I'll hopefully show you soon what the room currently looks like....but I can't say the room is complete yet. It's still very much a work in progress.


Our master bath needs a complete remodel. I don't know what the architect and/or builder was thinking when they designed and built this house, but the bathroom has so much wasted space! The room itself is large, but there is very little storage, a dinky shower, and overall very oddly configured. I do love having a large soaking tub!! ....but the CARPET has got to go!


The laundry room is right outside the master bedroom. I love having the laundry room on the second floor. It makes doing laundry so convenient!!


We have three bedrooms in our home. When we first moved in, we had two guest rooms. This is how the first guest room originally looked. It has now been converted into a nursery for our son.


This is the second guest room. This room has been completely revamped and is now my favorite room in the house. I'll show pictures of the new room very soon!


Guest bathroom.


This is our loft which overlooks the entry. I love having this space which serves as a second tv room and our office space. I'm embarrassed to show the next picture, but this is what the space looked like shortly after we moved in.


Sadly, this space has not improved much over the last three years. It now serves as not only an office, and a tv room, but also as a play room for our son. We need to figure out a way to ORGANIZE!! Not my strong suit.

So now that you know where we started, stick around as I share all my decorating and organizing adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment